Engineering Manager I, Event Management
New York, New York, USA
Events are a crucial component of our product that records notable changes relevant for managing and troubleshooting IT operations for customers, such as code deployments, service health, configuration changes, or monitoring alerts. At datadog, we provide a high scalable, low latency and high durable pipeline to ingest, store, analyze and query events for customers in real-time billions of events per second from companies all over the globe, and then we provide other features like event correlation, event metrics/monitor to help bring value to user. The platforms are optimized for durability, high availability, low latency, internet-scale footprint and operability.
As the Engineering Manager for the event management team, you will orient and manage a business critical engineering team to effectively function and modernize an internet-scale, complex pipeline that supports a fast-moving business. This position provides a unique opportunity to significantly impact the Datadog observability platform and team’s development while contributing to the evolution of downstream products within Datadog’s ecosystem.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and cultivate a team of engineers with a diverse skill-set, including performance management and career development
- Lead the team’s roadmap in partnership with your team, product manager, and stakeholders
- Own the full development lifecycle and operations of our systems
- Help drive the team’s technical direction and architectural decisions
- Stay in touch with your team’s code, and roll up your sleeves when needed to unblock your team by writing code or troubleshooting issues
Who You Are:
- You have engineering management experience and are passionate about building a great team culture
- You have experience working in an environment with a high bar for scalability, reliability and security (e.g., managing on-call for a team, operating customer facing live services)
- You have experience with the product lifecycle and enjoy working across product and organizational boundaries.
- You have experience communicating and collaborating with other teams and functional stakeholders
- Experienced using Go, Python, and/or REST APIs
- Experience with a real-time data streaming pipeline, and leading distributed teams is strongly preferred
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.