Security Engineer, Trust & Safety - Internal Trust
New York, New York, USA
On Datadog’s Trust & Safety team, our customers’ security is our core responsibility. Our goal is to give our customers complete confidence that their data is safe and secure. We aim to eliminate the possibility of malicious access while building transparent and honest customer relationships. The foundation of this work is a pragmatic approach to the security controls we build that protect access to customer data.
As one of the first engineers to join a new team focused on Internal Trust, you’ll help us improve the security of some of our most critical and highly-privileged customer support tools. We’re flexible in our approach: you’ll have the opportunity to build (or learn) through full-stack engineering, customer-facing product design, threat detection, privacy engineering, policy and process improvements, and more.
Your primary focus will be on the security of our customer support tools. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Assess and improve the security maturity of the internal tools we use to support customers.
- Build and maintain guardrails to ensure safety and consistency for our internal support processes.
- Directly build auditing and alerting in collaboration with product teams.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
You’ll also have the opportunity for impact in other areas:
- Insider Threat: Detect, respond to, and reduce the likelihood of an insider threat stealing or manipulating customer data, organizations, and environments.
- Data Privacy and Customer Control: Coordinate between different parts of the organization to identify risky access to customer data, and advocate for intelligent solutions that safeguard customer assets. Build features that share actionable information with customers and enable customers to control their own security in terms of our access to their data.
- Engineering and Advocacy: Propose, champion, and build new security-related features to deliver on our goals. We provide direct engineering effort within other teams’ codebases which allows us to share ownership of security goals.
- Detection & Response: Build scalable detection rules and response processes related to misuse of access, process mistakes, external access to internal infrastructure, etc. We collaborate closely with product teams to provide feedback as users and share in the responsibility of alert review.
Finally, we collaborate extensively with our peer teams, so you’ll have many chances to learn about or work directly on Account Safety (logins, credentials, etc.), Platform Integrity (malicious content, security notifications), Security Design & Guidance (security architecture and code review), and more.
Experience in one or more of the following areas will provide a foundation for this role:
- Application security (with a focus on web applications: penetration testing, code review, security architecture, etc.)
- Coding (our most used languages are Python, Go, and React/Typescript)
- Written and verbal communication skills (especially documentation, security advocacy, and project management)
- Privacy engineering
- Threat detection
- Incident response
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $149,000 - $190,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.