Staff Software Engineer - REDAPL
New York, New York, USA; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us take REDAPL, our Referential Data Platform, to the next level.
REDAPL is Datadog’s main platform for tracking our customers’ infrastructure resources and relationships. The platform enables products where customers can understand, keep track of, and gain insights into their infrastructure related to performance, cost, security, and more.
Several Datadog products use REDAPL today (for example, Cloud Security Posture Management, Resource Catalog, Cloud Cost Management, and Service Catalog) and several more are in various stages of development. Ingest and query volumes are rapidly increasing across the platform.
As a Staff Engineer, you will drive and collaborate on projects both inside and outside the platform. You can expect to make key technical decisions relating to our data ingestion, processing, and query pipelines.
At Datadog, we value our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Design and drive high-priority, high-visibility projects to increase the platform's value, resilience, and scalability across multiple teams.
- Provide technical leadership across one or several areas of the platform.
- Lead and guide other engineers through architectural platform decisions.
- Identify potential system risks and trends in reliability and design solutions to address them.
- Provide input on prioritizing engineering-led initiatives in short- and long-term planning and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with internal product teams to understand their requirements and how we plan for their product growth as they integrate and depend on REDAPL.
Who You Are:
- You have led cross-team initiatives in a platform or infrastructure-focused environment for several years.
- You have led impactful technical initiatives in an environment where performance, cost efficiency, ease of use, and resilience/operability are first-order concerns.
- You have significant back-end programming experience and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at a high scale.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other engineers to become even stronger.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234000 - $300000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.