Senior Software Engineer - Orgstore
The mission of Orgstore is to provide an easy-to-use, fully-managed platform to store and search data. With Postgres as our cornerstone technology, we focus on transactional (OLTP) data use-cases while providing a custom data plane and a flexible administrative layer. Our customers are potentially every single team at Datadog. As a platform infrastructure team, our goal is to accelerate product teams by helping them rapidly stand up new features and make step change improvements to their application’s performance. Data storage is ubiquitous and the service we are providing is critical for Datadog as the business scales and expands its product offerings. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Orgstore team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and running this platform.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable solutions running in multi-tenant environments
- Write precise, well-tested code in Go, Java, Rust or C++, amongst other languages
- Use Postgres, Elasticsearch, Kafka, alongside other open-source technologies
- Engage directly with our customers to understand their problems and build use-cases for the platform
- Design generalizable solutions that force multiply our technology and build leverage
- Taking ownership of major parts of our systems, identifying areas for improvements and building out a vision for the future. This may cover new features, performance, efficiency or reliability.
- Helps the team improve its day-to-day practices and systems
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages (Go, Java, Rust, C++)
- You have been exposed to working on various distributed systems problems (high durability / low latency /…)
- You have been exposed to various distributed systems technologies (Postgres, Kafka, Redis, etc.)
- You can get down to the low-level when needed
- You can perform thorough incident root-cause analysis and can host detailed retrospectives
- You care about simple designs and performance
- You bring clarity and drive iterative progress in the face of complex and unknown problem areas
- You care about your teammates and look for ways to help them improve
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.