Detection Engineer 2 - CSM
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Tel Aviv, Israel
The Product Detection Engineering team at Datadog develops impactful security detection content for Datadog’s portfolio of cloud security products. As part of the Security Research organization, you will join a diverse team of hackers and builders who launch impactful security products and research via cross-company collaboration, partnerships with the security community and open source initiatives.
As a Detection Engineer II for Cloud Security Management (CSM), you will deliver detection content to our security products in order to notify customers when risky configuration changes or potential runtime threats are detected in their cloud environments. You will creatively identify ways to provide coverage of security frameworks to our customers and identify areas of improvement for technology, process and detection for Datadog. Together with your team, you will research attacker techniques against cloud-native technologies and evangelize your findings with the community.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn everything about detecting threats and vulnerabilities in cloud-native environments and pour it back into building a great cloud security product for our customers
- Leverage Open Policy Agent (OPA) to build and maintain highly contextualized detections for our Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) product using OPA’s Rego policy language to protect Datadog customer cloud environments and test via Terraform
- Model cloud native technical controls across a variety of both governmental and commercial compliance frameworks to help our customers achieve both compliant and secure cloud configuration state
- Create runtime threat detections for cloud workloads with eBPF technology
- Partner with product management, engineering, security research and customers to develop roadmaps of content for cloud security and compliance concerns
- Identify and drive inefficiencies out of content development processes through the creation of innovative tooling, automation; shepherd platform issues impacting content development and user experience through engineering to completion
- Advocate for yourself and the Datadog security brand through blog posts, documentation, webinars, and workshops. Present at conferences to highlight the challenges and successes in the field
Who You Are:
- A previous background in cloud security engineering, detection engineering, or other operational security function
- Experience operating in at least one public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure) and other cloud native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Understanding of modern cloud native attacker techniques and are familiar with technical controls to prevent and detect these attacks
- Proficient understanding of Linux internals and the use of eBPF to enable security observability at runtime
- Experience researching and communicating compliance frameworks and aligning these frameworks to technical controls
- Basic proficiency with Python, Golang or other programming languages
- Experience measuring the quantitative and qualitative effectiveness of security controls to make data-driven decisions
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.