Senior Technical Program Manager
New York, New York, USA
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are responsible for our most crucial and complex projects that span technical teams, domains, and products at Datadog. As a TPM, you’ll lead execution of large scale projects, coordinate cross-organizational dependencies, and help teams deliver and become more efficient. Datadog is growing rapidly and you’d have an opportunity to solve deeply technical problems and impact our products. You can demonstrate your leadership abilities by driving decision-making and building strong relationships across the organization. The TPM team focuses on maintaining lightweight processes and continual improvements while optimizing and accelerating execution. Clear communication, metrics, and visibility are building blocks of our values. Current opportunities for our NYC office include roles on our security, infrastructure, products, and platform teams.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage large-scale, cross-organization programs, integrations, and migration efforts
- Work with teams to clarify goals and deliverables; bring data to planning and prioritization
- Help break down projects into component parts, identifying and tracking dependencies and opportunities for optimization; proactively identify problems and recommend solutions before they become blockers
- Create and refine processes when necessary; maintain focus on reliability and continual improvements, and automation and scaling
- Identify KPIs and success metrics, collect and analyze data; make information visible
- Communicate goals, status, risks, and impact to teams and stakeholders; you are able to adapt communications to any level
Who You Are:
- Solid technical background with educational experience in computer science, an engineering discipline, mathematics, information systems, or equivalent work experience and you enjoy learning new technologies
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in technical program management in a dynamic and highly technical environment, a strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects in a cloud/SaaS environment, and domain expertise in infrastructure and/or SRE
- You have experience working collaboratively across organizations; strong leadership and interpersonal skills, experience building and fostering effective working relationships
- You have strong communication skills, attention to detail and enjoy working in an innovative environment
- You take a data-driven approach to program management; building tools (workflows, custom work intake processes, estimation models), collecting and analyzing data, and driving stakeholder buy-in
- You have experience influencing without direct authority at senior levels internal and external to the engineering organization
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Assigned TPM mentor and engineering buddy program for learning and relationship building
- An inclusive company culture, active Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups), in-person team summits, local office programming
- Competitive global benefits; free, mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $179,000 - $228,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.