Senior Product Manager - APM Integrations
New York, New York, USA
At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Application Performance Monitoring (APM) aims at providing critical insights into the life-cycle, performance and health of modern applications with distributed tracing from end-user (browser and mobile applications) to backend services.
APM customers of any size heavily rely on Datadog auto-instrumentation to gain visibility into their applications performance and behavior. As a platform Product Manager on the APM product team, you will be responsible for ensuring that Datadog customers have access to best-in class APM integrations. You will conduct thorough customer research to understand which integrations will provide the most value and drive implementation of new APM integrations for libraries and frameworks across all our supported programming languages. You will also leverage internal telemetry data to analyze customer usage patterns, identify gaps in integration coverage, and make data-driven decisions to enhance our APM capabilities.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Application Performance Monitoring customers, use cases, and competitors
- Conduct thorough customer research to identify popular technologies and libraries to support based on customer needs and industry trends
- Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for future integrations to reduce the need for custom code on the customer's side.
- Leverage internal telemetry data to analyze customer usage patterns, identify gaps in integration coverage, and make data-driven decisions to enhance our APM capabilities.
- Collaborate with other Product teams in Datadog to serve Datadog’s products including APM, Profiling, Application Security and others
- Partner with marketing and cross functional teams including sales, customer success and support teams, to define Go-To-Market plans and strategy for APM features
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Platform Product Manager (ideally working on libraries & integrations)
- (Optional) You have 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and possess a deep interest, understanding, and knowledge in software development
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to technical stakeholders and executives alike
- You are customer focused with high quality standards for your products
- You are passionate to work in a high growth and impact environment to build new
products and scaling existing ones
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.