Senior Product Manager - Internal Developer Platform
New York, New York, USA
At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Now, we're pushing the boundaries further with the Internal Developer Platform (IDP) – a bridge for building better software, faster. Imagine streamlined software development where pre-built, secure components curated by SREs empower developers to innovate faster. Imagine an ecosystem where SREs curate standardized building blocks – pre-built service templates, best-practice alerts, and secured deployment strategies. Developers can simply tap into this library of expertise, taking time back from building one-off toolings and struggling with a sea of configurations, and focusing on what matters – innovation and creating business impacts.
As the Product Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping this product’s success and leaving a lasting mark on an emerging market segment. You will work in the trenches with engineers, designers, and marketers to bring your vision to life. You are responsible for bringing together different product teams across the platform and building seamless and consistent experience to empower our customers to optimize their software development practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft the vision: Own and execute the product vision for a new developer platform product, ensuring it aligns with our company's goals and integrates seamlessly with the rest of the platform.
- Become the voice of platform engineers: Dive deep into their needs and challenges, then translate those insights into intuitive, efficient solutions.
- Lead the charge: Captain teams of engineers, designers, and marketers to deliver new features and capabilities that improve platform engineering practices.
- Forge strong relationships: Build consensus and drive collaborations across the Datadog platform with external partners. Craft comprehensive solutions that streamline any team's software development lifecycle (SDLC) regardless of their tech stacks.
- Own your impact: Ruthlessly optimize key business metrics like revenue, adoption, usage, and margin. Execute bold moves to achieve results.
- Empower field champions: Support Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and Solutions teams and help them evangelize your product. Fuel their success with product expertise, ensuring unmatched customer reach and experience.
Who You Are:
- Experienced Product Manager: You have a proven track record managing technically complex products that serve DevOps teams or developers.
- Customer-Centric: You possess a deep understanding of challenges and needs of platform engineers, demonstrating strong customer empathy and the ability to design solutions that solve real problems for them.
- Technology Enthusiast: You have a solid technical background and a passion for learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Collaborative: You excel in identifying common problems and forging strategic partnerships with other teams to maximize customer impacts.
- Effective Communicator: You can communicate technical topics effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, and have the ability to influence product development and go-to-market strategy decisions.
- Visionary Leader: You see the big picture and drive decisions that foster success of your product as well as the Datadog platform.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.