Engineering Manager I - API Clients
New York, New York, USA
The API Clients team is responsible for the open source libraries and tools that allow Datadog customers to interact with the Datadog platform. This team is directly responsible for maintaining the public and internal client libraries and SDKs, managing the code generation pipeline, Terraform provider, as well as working closely with product teams to safely release API specification changes across multiple languages.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of Software Engineers
- Own the roadmap for generated multi-language client SDKs, written in Go, Java, Typescript, Python, and Ruby, using our open source tools like apigentools
- Identify opportunities for automation of manual processes around API specification and code generation
- Lead the team to design and build tooling and processes to deliver multi-language client generation internally to Datadog engineers
- Work closely with product teams to streamline release of API and documentation changes
- Partner closely with sibling teams within the API Platform organization, who are responsible for the entire API ecosystem at Datadog, to integrate client generation into the developer platform
Who You Are:
- You care deeply about the people you are responsible for and strive to grow people around you
- You have either formally managed or served as a tech lead for a team of software engineers working with public and internal APIs
- You are knowledgeable of best practices and standards for code generation, APIs, and one or more language
- A seasoned engineer with 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- You have experience with building and maintaining APIs
- You care about the developer experience and continually strive to drive improvements
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.