Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Governance Analyst
New York, New York, USA; Boston, Massachusetts, USA; Denver, Colorado, USA
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops, and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Are you passionate about Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) and interested in joining a team passionate about driving improvement and solving tough challenges? Datadog is looking for a Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Governance Analyst to work alongside a group of multi-disciplined professionals focused on cybersecurity, application security, compliance, and engineering to lead risk reporting and control management for BC/DR efforts within our Information Security programs. This role should provide risk reporting, testing to show effectiveness of availability controls, and technical leadership for BC/DR across the organization, with consideration of industry standards such as PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, 27017, 27018, SOC 2, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST 800-53, and others. This opportunity also has the potential to contribute to continuous process improvement and automation efforts for security and BC/DR controls.
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Governance Analyst is a business enabler and is responsible for supporting and executing critical assessments of Datadog’s products to help articulate and represent the organization’s control posture as it relates to BC/DR. As a technical leader part of the Risk Management function, you will provide executive level risk reporting and ensure that assessments are executed to proactively identify risk and control needs in order to support business, sales, and revenue objectives while maintaining alignment with existing information security and BC/DR standards.
You will work closely with Information Security, Legal, GRC, Engineering, Product, and other business units to ensure regulatory and industry control requirements are translated into Datadog-understandable language that is informed by the organization’s current availability practices and standards. We are not a check-box security organization and, as such, you will have the opportunity to participate in complex assessments, mitigation/remediation suggestions, and modern business solutions that result in pragmatic implementations for Datadog and its customers.
If you believe that BC/DR governance translates to business-value and enablement as a primary objective, we want to talk to you!
- Own and lead BC/DR assessment efforts in partnership with product, compliance, legal, and engineering teams.
- In close partnership with control owners, translate industry control expectations into Datadog product and infrastructure implementations.
- Establish relationships, advocate, and advise multiple internal functional and business groups on BC/DR.
- Support evolution of the BC/DR processes.
- Work with teams in operations, security, and IT to build security metric reporting and leadership dashboards.
- Establish security assessment standards that support a “pull once, serve many” risk and control support function.
- Provide transparency and clear status reporting through the use of meaningful and actionable scorecards and relevant operational metrics and KPI’s.
- You have a BS or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry BC/DR experience.
- Experience leading and presenting BC/DR processes including continuous improvements and metrics/trends.
- Proven experience implementing and overseeing BC/DR governance, BC/DR Planning, Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity Strategies, and coordination with External Agencies.
- Demonstrable experience performing BC/DR assessments in line with comprehensive control frameworks in partnership with external stakeholders such as Legal, Product, and Engineering.
- You have demonstrable experience in successfully working with and positively influencing engineering teams while understanding their daily challenges and demands.
- You have successfully served as a liaison for the organization and third parties (e.g. auditors, FedRAMP PMO) or acted as an auditor or information security manager in the capacity of managing BC/DR assessment program lifecycles.
- You have experience with regulatory regimes and commercial certifications and have demonstrable experience leveraging and implementing common control mappings (e.g. SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, FedRAMP/NIST 800-53, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, HITRUST).
Why You Should Apply:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $102,000 to $130,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.