Continuous Monitoring, Manager I
New York, New York, USA
The Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team works within the Information Security organization and across Datadog to implement, monitor, and continuously improve Datadog’s security, risk, and compliance programs. The Information Security team reports up through Datadog’s Chief Information Security Officer.
Datadog is seeking a Compliance Monitoring Lead to support the GRC Governance function within our Information Security Department. This role will report directly to the GRC Manager, who is responsible for overseeing various GRC activities such as audit, compliance onboarding, monitoring, gap assessments, policy management, and tooling.
The primary focus of this role is to oversee and enhance our organization's compliance controls and monitoring processes. You will collaborate with our GRC audit team to identify and define compliance controls while ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and industry standards. Working closely with our Compliance Engineering team, you will streamline and automate compliance processes, reducing manual efforts, and improving efficiency in compliance management. Additionally, you will work with the Risk and Remediation team to escalate and address compliance deviations promptly.
We are looking for a highly technical resource who possesses a strong understanding of security, business, and compliance requirements, with experience in automation. This role requires a hands-on approach, and we value individuals who can effectively translate theoretical concepts into practical solutions. As this position involves frequent interaction with various teams, external partners, vendors, and upper management, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
The ideal candidate for this role is friendly, pragmatic, and brings a positive and optimistic attitude.
What you will do:
- Lead efforts to define compliance controls that need to be automated and monitored.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, assess, and document compliance requirements
- Develop and implement strategies for automating compliance controls.
- Define automated tooling requirements to continuously track and report compliance status.
- Ensure timely identification of compliance deviations and take corrective actions.
- Work closely with IT, legal, security, and other relevant departments to align compliance controls with organizational goals.
- Foster strong relationships with business units to ensure understanding and buy-in for compliance initiatives.
- Supervise and mentor junior information security analysts.
- Provide guidance and support in executing compliance monitoring activities effectively.
- Generate reports and dashboards to communicate compliance status to senior management.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of compliance control processes and activities
Who you are:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in compliance, information security, or risk management roles.
- Leadership experience, with the ability to motivate and guide a team.
- Experience with compliance control automation tools and technologies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST).
- Experience working in a similar engineering-driven, fast growing environment is a strong plus.
- You’ve managed SaaS based audits in multi-cloud environments.
- Certification in relevant areas (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) is a plus.
- You have a strong technical background in systems, software or IT administration and have been responsible for the implementation of technical security controls.
- Experience managing compliance in a large container based environment.
- You have the gravitas and command presence to attend meetings where you’ll represent the concerns of security, sometimes against other organizational pressures, while maintaining positive and productive stakeholder relationships.
- You’re familiar with cloud based productivity tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, GDocs).
- You assume the best intent in others, exude positivity and optimism
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $153,000 to $195,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.