Engineering Manager I - APM Telemetry & Analytics
Boston, MA, United States, New York, NY, United States
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager I, driven and empathetic, to lead our APM Telemetry & Analytics Team. This role is perfect for those passionate about data-driven decision-making and adept at leading teams to technical and operational excellence. Staffed with skilled engineers, the APM Telemetry & Analytics Team is dedicated to developing systems that capture and analyze telemetry data from Datadog’s client libraries and agents. Our work is crucial in steering the strategic decision-making for APM products, bolstering operational efficiency, and enhancing customer experiences. We thrive on collaboration, continuous learning, and innovation, driving forward the cutting-edge of APM.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct the development of systems for capturing and analyzing telemetry data from Datadog’s client libraries and agents, essential for monitoring customer services.
- Innovate and develop intuitive, user-friendly dashboards and metrics, empowering internal stakeholders to independently conduct data analysis and queries.
- Engage with senior management and executives, articulating complex technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Enhance operational efficiency by leading your team to develop solutions that reduce MTTR for customer-reported issues.
- Guide backend system development, ensuring robust and efficient data handling and analysis.
- Cultivate a collaborative team environment, aligned with the company's strategic objectives and fostering innovation.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in managing high-performance software engineering teams, and the ability to uphold high standards of quality and professionalism, even in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to a diverse audience, combined with a proactive, mission-driven approach with a strong bias for action and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in telemetry, data analysis, and large-scale data system development.
- Experience with data and cloud computing technologies like Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, Kubernetes, S3
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.