Senior Product Manager, Sensitive Data Classification & Data Security
New York, New York, USA
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Within distributed applications, data moves across many loosely connected endpoints, microservices, and teams, making it difficult to know when services are storing—or inadvertently leaking—sensitive data. This is especially true for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) or other security teams working for enterprises in highly regulated industries, such as healthcare, banking, insurance, and financial services.
To address these pain points, GRC teams need a strategy for discovering, classifying, and protecting sensitive information that can scale with the volume of their data, across both cloud and on-prem infrastructure and allow them to discover, report, triage, and take action on sensitive data wherever it may be found.
We are looking for a product manager with strong technical experience, language model understanding, and a proven ability to communicate difficult governance concepts clearly to executive buyers and developers, and partner with large customers to prioritize a very ambitious roadmap around data scanning and classification solutions wherever the data may be.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement a data classification strategy using language models that is capable of high accuracy, low noise contextual analysis for PII, PHI and developer secrets on both structured and unstructured data
- Develop a custom rules program that customers can use to add their own sensitive data classifications with overlying business context to find and classify rules that would provide a differentiating capability in the data security market
- Catalog and prioritize data sources for scanning that will evolve into a truly broad coverage and modern DLP program for cloud applications
- Help to protect sensitive data through anonymization or pseudonymization on data both in motion as well as at rest
- Be a trusted partner to Datadog customers and help them with their governance and sensitive data management needs
- Work closely with SRE, GRC and Privacy leaders to establish best practices and demonstrate thought leadership
- Work closely with the rest of our security product teams to make a cohesive security story of which data security is a crucial element
Who You Are:
- A proven track record as a technical product manager independently defining strategy and owning execution of a SaaS product or data streaming service
- MBA or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS Product Management or combination of Product and Engineering experience
- Prior experience with technologies such as Data Loss Prevention, Data Classification or Machine Learning for sensitive data is required
- Hands on experience using multiple services from one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of tools such as Amazon Macie or Google Cloud DLP is a strong plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.