Software Engineer - React Native SDK
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Nantes, France; Bordeaux, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Lyon, France
As Datadog’s mobile SDK engineer, you will collaborate with product and engineering teams to build solutions that delight our customers and scale massively. Your users are developers, and your code will need to shine! SDKs are complex to ship — the app environment is challenging, and you need to navigate these challenges with creativity and confidence from experience.
We expect that you are entirely familiar with React Native and the specific security and isolation challenges that exist when working on Mobile. SDKs are resident with other SDKs and the application code; your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. To build trust with our customers, you must be comfortable building robust, well-architected, isolated code that always works.
As your code might be in the public eye, and you are building code for other developers to use, you must be comfortable with providing accurate documentation for how a developer should use your code. You will need to review and sometimes be the primary documentation author for the APIs and code you produce.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain Datadog's React Native SDK, used across the world by the users of our customers
- Work closely with the backend, product and frontend teams to deliver the best-in-class mobile RUM product for React Native applications
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience in React Native and have a deep understanding of its ecosystem
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have experience developing commercially shipped SDKs
- You have no issues crossing over the bridge to native platforms (Android & iOS) when required to deliver solutions
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.