Assistant Accounting Manager, International
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team in Paris. As a member of the accounting and finance team, the Accounting Manager will be a key member in ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting of the International entities of Datadog.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the NYC based accounting team on global team objectives
- Be responsible for certain areas of the close process, which include but not limited to:
- Participate in the monthly close of various international entities, including the accurate preparation of the balance sheet, income statement and trial balance
- Prepare and book monthly accounting close Journal entries
- Prepare and approve monthly reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts on a timely basis, ensuring reconciling items are resolved
- Oversee completion of higher risk or more complex assigned areas in the close process
- Investigate and document fluctuations in variance analysis, including month vs month, budget to actual etc.
- Lead and prepare supporting documentation for various compliance audits, liaise with Group and external auditors
- Prepare Statutory local or IFRS GAAP adjustment entries and reconcile to US GAAP for various international entities
- Prepare/ review VAT/ GST and other taxes periodic returns with the local tax advisors, reconcile the tax accounts
- Conduct Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Prepare / Review Bank reconciliations and cash flow forecast for certain international entities
- Drives team initiatives and projects such as new countries and/ or system implementations, process changes
- Contribute to a continuous improvement mindset, proposing and leading the change for more efficiency
- Contribute to due diligences procedures for international acquisitions
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience, preferably at a Big 4 accounting firm with US GAAP and/or IFRS GAAP experience
- BS in Accounting, CPA, CCA or ACA required
- Self-motivated, accountable and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Confidence, good judgment, self-motivated, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and cross-departmental buddy program
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.