Engineering Manager I - KV Platform
New York, New York, USA
The KV Platform team is responsible for building the future of key-value stores at Datadog. The team is currently building a new key-value abstraction on top of well-known data stores in the industry, such as FoundationDB & Cassandra, as well as internal services, to tailor them to Datadog-specific needs. Currently in alpha, joining this team will enable you to affect a major internal product from the early stage of its lifecycle! As an engineering manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and grow a team of talented engineers and impact most Datadog products!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of Software Engineers
- Lead architectural decisions for new and existing distributed, high-throughput, key-value datastore for the most impact in Datadog
- Drive the team to reach operational and reliability excellence in the face of bringing a proof of concept into a full fledge production service
- Stay hands on the technical development of the team, by contributing to the code base on tasks out of the critical path and participating in the team on-call rotation
- Closely partner with two sister teams supporting Caching at Datadog, as well as FoundationDB & Cassandra direct access, in order to build a common, shared, long term vision
Who You Are:
- You care deeply about the people you are responsible for and strive to grow people around you
- You have either formally managed or served as a tech lead for a team of software engineers working in a platform or infrastructure-like environment
- You have backend programming experience (e.g. C++, Go, Rust, etc…) and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at scale
- You have a product-oriented mindset, focusing on user & user experience
- Empathy, collaboration, and communication skills in English
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.