Developer Advocate - CI/CD
New York, USA, Remote
We are a team of engineers that translate our real world experience to help our user communities solve problems. With a focus on CI/CD - Developer Experience at Datadog, you will leverage both your engineering and creative storytelling skills to educate and empower our user communities. You will have the opportunity to meet key leaders across the industry, and broaden your impact to the Cloud community at large.
What You’ll Do:
- Speak at conferences and meetups to build Datadog’s reputation around developer experience, radical transformation in cloud computing, and more
- Interface with open source communities to understand problems and trends in the market and influence new integrations for Datadog
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos, and coach internal engineering teams on effective communication and presentation
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code
Who You Are:
- You have publicly available writing samples, blog posts, demos, or recordings of presentations on technical topics
- Approximately 5+ years of experience as a software developer, SRE, or other practitioner, with strong experience in CI/CD
- Approximately 3+ years of experience in storytelling and creating compelling content e.g. written content, conference talks, leading workshops, live streaming or recording videos, contributing to open source, and participating in community events
- You have significant experience in building / maintaining / monitoring CI/CD pipelines in one or more tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, CircleCI, Buildkite, Azure DevOps)
- You are fluent in reading and writing at least one programming language and associated testing framework(s) e.g. Python, Node.js, Java, Go, .Net, Ruby
- Bonus points if you are already an active member of the DevOps or language communities in your region
- Bonus points if you are experienced in testing Serverless or “FaaS” ( Function as a service : AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, IBM OpenWhisk etc )
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $136,000 - $174,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.