Strategic Account Executive (Public Sector, Northern Region)
Our Strategic Account Executives develop and grow business opportunities across existing and prospect accounts in the enterprise market. In this role you’ll be focused on building and delivering new revenue streams from across the New South Wales (NSW) Government and Education sector. You’ll be focused on uncovering the pain points that organizations face as they operate in or migrate to a cloud environment at scale as well as delivering the appropriate Datadog observability solution. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Prospect into and manage a strategic sales processes across the assigned territory
- Maintain, build and own specific relationship maps for the assigned territory including existing relationships and aspirational contacts
- Establish a presence across suitable Government panel contracts to simplify the customer buying process
- Work closely in partnership with the Hyperscaler and SI community seeking co-sell opportunity
- Develop a deep comprehension of the prospects and customer's core business
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Handle existing customer expectations while expanding reach and depth into the assigned territory
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and possess an intuitive sense of necessary steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Identify a robust set of business drivers behind all opportunities
Ensure high forecasting accuracy and consistency
Who You Are:
- Someone with 5+ years of enterprise technology sales experience covering Government and Education
- Experienced in working for an innovative tech company (SaaS preferred)
- Established and maintained relationships across the hyperscalers and large systems integrators
- Driven and have exceeded direct sales goals of $1M+ and operated with an average deal size of $100k+
- Able to work within proven sales methodologies to prospect and build pipeline
- Experienced in selling into large Fortune 1000 companies with the ability to win new logos
- Willing and able to travel across ANZ for customer meetings, also able to travel abroad up to 4 times a year for company events in the USA and APJ.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on self performance
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous and competitive medical benefits package
- Retirement savings match
- Pet adoption and insurance program
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.