Manager, IT Security
New York, New York, USA
The IT Security team is internally focused with the mission of securing the endpoints, applications, infrastructure, services and networks that Datadog employees rely on on a daily basis. This includes thousands of devices running macOS, Windows, Linux and Chrome OS, as well as SaaS services like Google Workspace and Zoom, hosted services running in AWS and the Meraki networks in our offices.
As the leader of the IT Security team, you will be responsible for managing and hiring a global team of IT Security Engineers. You will help set the team strategy, provide guidance, and serve as a point of escalation. You will ensure that the technologies employees use every day are secure and offer a great experience.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, mentor and recruit for the global IT Security team
- Develop, maintain and improve IT security tools
- Perform security assessment activities and respond to IT security events
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure a secure and compliant technical environment
- Work with your fellow team leads and the greater IT organization on projects and initiatives
- Help create the strategy, roadmap and quarterly goals
- Facilitate a culture of innovation through new software, systems and programs
- Create and update policies, standards and procedures
Who You Are:
- Several years experience managing a security team at a large enterprise organization
- 6+ years of relevant experience in security
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of IT systems, operations and security concepts
- Experienced in working and communicating effectively in a fast-paced, high growth, distributed organization.
- Experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.