Director, Global Eng Recruiting
New York, New York, USA
Joining Datadog’s technical recruiting team is an occasion to scale our product and engineering teams to continue to build products and increase revenue and customer acquisition. We are strategic business partners, matchmakers, creatives, and builders, all wrapped into one. You will have the opportunity to shape, mold, and impact how quickly we grow, how candidates experience Datadog. Our team’s work contributes to our bottom line and to achieve it all, we partner with our leadership team to bring top technical talent in the business.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, coach and scale a global team of 60+ senior managers, managers, leads, sourcers and recruiters hiring across all our engineering roles globally.
- Execute and improve upon global recruiting strategy for our Core Engineering, Systems and Reliability Engineering, Security Engineering, and Specialized Technology hiring.
- Partner with Datadog global Engineering Leaders, Recruiting Leaders and People Team partner to execute against key hiring objectives.
- Define consistent data-driven hiring metrics and goals.
- Execute creative talent sourcing strategies and partner with our employer brand and recruitment marketing team to create campaigns that scale for attracting quality diverse talent.
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including compensation and employment brand trends.
Who You Are:
- An inspiring, influential, and data-driven leader with a minimum 7 to 10 years of experience leading large high performing global tech recruiting teams and 5+ years of experience managing leaders of leaders.
- Strong experience managing teams through evolutions and change, with the ability to set a vision and break it into deliverables.
- Comfortable partnering with C-level executives and management across a globally distributed organization.
- Able to work with, and influence, multiple facets of the organization cross-functionally. Versatile and dynamic in communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and followthrough.
- Driven by an analytical approach, thus understanding the importance of tracking metrics with a deep passion for building effective and high-performing teams. Connected to this, solid in prior experience and proficiency with a variety of recruiting tools and analytics dashboards (our suite is currently Gem, Greenhouse, Metabase, LinkedIn and others).
- Willing to travel to Paris, Madrid, Denver, Boston and additional expansion locations.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $172,000.00 - $253,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.