Senior Software Engineer - Vulnerability Management
New York, New York, USA; Denver, Colorado, USA; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Datadog is seeking an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to support the Vulnerability Management program in our growing multi-provider ecosystem. You will design, build and integrate security solutions and framework for the next generation risk based vulnerability management that helps secure Datadog by automating the processes in order to triage and prioritize security deviations to closure, and provides insight to the state of security of Datadog. You will collaborate with various security and engineering teams to meet the evolving security needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build, and deploy solutions at scale to aggregate, prioritize, track, report, and remediate vulnerability across Datadog ecosystem
- Use the results produced by the solutions to analyze and provide meaningful insights on security and vulnerability management
- Research and prototype new ideas, test new open-source or commercial vulnerability management tools
- Partner with teams across security and engineering to integrate existing solutions and building better security posture for Datadog
Who You Are:
- Architected, developed and operated production-ready distributed systems to solve problems at scale
- Fluent in one or more programming experience (Golang, Python, Java etc)
- Experienced with usage of orchestration platforms and container runtimes, infrastructure as code and cloud-native or multi-cloud environment (we use AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration and partnerships with external teams
- Good knowledge of integrating, analyzing, and communicating relevant metrics for very large data sets
- You are able to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced, high growth, distributed organization
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.