Physical Security Manager
The Physical Security Team falls under the Operations Division that runs many day-to-day operational functions that help keep our employees safe, happy and productive. We work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog continues to scale rapidly, yet smoothly, and remains a fantastic place to work.
We’re looking for an experienced Physical Security Manager to join a growing global team who will play a critical role in keeping Datadogs safe and secure. You'll work directly with the Head of Physical Security and cross-functional teams to support physical security and safety operations enterprise wide. Ideal candidates are passionate about leadership, security operations, workplace health & safety, project management, customer service, and collaboration. This position is based in our Paris office and will require some international travel. The role will have an enhanced focus on developing our crisis management, emergency management and safety related programs.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day overall Physical Security operations for Datadog’s regional offices and assist on global Physical Security initiatives.
- Diverse responsibilities from investigations, health and safety compliance, security risk management, travel safety, event security, security budgeting, crisis management and emergency response, loss property management, and physical security system management to enforcing Datadog’s security policies and regulations regionally.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Physical Security, document and proliferate security protocols and guidelines for enterprise wide access control standards and policies, technical security solutions, safety, and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, liaison with individual offices’ local law enforcement, etc.
- Partner effectively with Office Operations teams as well as other Datadog teams such as Real Estate, IT, Legal and People. Maintain regular communications with a variety of stakeholders, to ensure that all concerned parties are well informed on all Physical Security initiatives and trained on emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Execute daily operations and strategic initiatives for workplace safety and security, contract security personnel, and response to incidents Datadog offices.
- Identify long-term needs (organizational, policy/procedure, capital enhancements) and develop strategic plans to obtain executive approvals, define objectives, secure required resources and execute stated milestones.
- Deliver assessments and briefings to leadership, facilitating understanding of corrective actions and their associated impact / urgency.
- Deliver and/or facilitate tabletop exercises for regional offices focusing on emergency preparedness, crisis management, resilience, etc.
Who You Are:
- Experience managing safety & security operations, ideally in fast paced technology or creative office environments, developing security/safety programs and incident response plans.
- Experience in building out and growing regional physical security and safety programs.
- Knowledge of and comfortability with global technical security monitoring systems with experience reviewing architectural plans and planning physical security design.
- Knowledge of enterprise physical security risk management principles. How to conduct physical security and safety risk assessments and the implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- 8+ years experience in corporate physical security and safety positions, within a global security environment.
- Fluent in English, conversational in French
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on individual performance
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
- Giving programs
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.