Engineering Manager I - Agent Onboarding
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain
The Datadog Agent is the first point of contact for our customers with Datadog. They have to install it on their infrastructure for it to start collecting data and for our application to generate useful insights. It means it's crucial for the user experience around it to be excellent.
The Agent Onboarding team is a new team we are forming to own this experience holistically. It will be responsible for all agent install methods (our Helm chart, the Datadog Operator, our Chef cookbook, and more) in all environments (on premise, managed cloud solutions) , the in-app Agent installation page, and contributing to the Datadog Agent itself when necessary to improve the onboarding process.
This team will collaborate heavily with all product teams at Datadog as the Agent is the central piece of software that handles data collection for Logs, Metrics, APM, and more. It will work across the stack, on frontend, backend, and system development.
As the manager of this newly formed team you will have the opportunity to work with your partner Product Manager to define the roadmap for this team with a high degree of autonomy. Long term, your growth opportunity will come from growing the team, splitting into more specialized teams, nurturing new managers, and leading a group of teams.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to develop existing and new install methods for the agent
- Mentor engineers within your team, supporting them in career development
- Own your entire scope's stack, from frontend with the install page, to agent installation and telemetry reporting, to integration with various backends of Datadog for the most advanced features
- Collaborate closely with all product teams at Datadog that collect data with the Agent
- Work with many technologies (Kubernetes Operators and Helm charts, all major cloud providers, Ansible, Chef, and more)
- Work mostly in Open Source
Who You Are:
- An engineering manager or tech lead with at least 1 year of experience
- 3+ years of experience with software development in Go/Python/Java
- Someone used to working with shipped software, who worked with at least one of Helm, Kubernetes Operator, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Someone with a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience.
- Someone passionate about User Experience
- Bonus points: used to working on Open Source projects, some frontend experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.