Technical Escalations Engineer 2 (DBM)
San Francisco, California, USA
Technical Escalations Engineer 2 (Database Monitoring)
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will be part of a team immersed in a startup-like environment where you will be challenged, but also will immediately witness your contributions to Datadog. As part of the Escalations Engineering team, you will be at the crossroads between Support, Engineering, Product, and our customers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them
What You’ll Do:
- Become the expert on Database Monitoring within Datadog
- Investigate Database Monitoring customer escalations, lead technical calls with clients, and handle high priority issues
- Propose changes to the Database Agent Integrations (Postgres, MySQL, SQLServer) and documentation, acting as the advocate for our customers
- Build out public and internal solutions guides (example) and find creative solutions to our customers’ database observability needs
- Run office hours and lead learning sessions for the Solutions team
- Prepare the worldwide Solutions team for new products and features, ensuring the technical proficiency of the team
- Work from a Datadog office 3 - 5 days per week
Who You Are:
- Experienced in troubleshooting the Datadog Agent and the Agent Integrations
- Comfortable digging into the Agent code to understand the code paths with different customer configurations (Postgres, MySQL, SQLServer)
- Able to recreate different customer configurations to troubleshoot, e.g.: RDS, Azure, CloudSQL, and self-hosted databases + Agents running on Windows, Linux, K8s, Docker, etc. (you do not need experience in all of these technologies, but as an example, you should be able to spin up a sandbox K8s Datadog Cluster Agent monitoring an Azure Postgres cluster by following documentation)
- Experienced as a customer-facing Support or Solutions Engineer, and comfortable working on difficult customer issues
- Able to pick up new skills quickly and come up with creative solutions to complex problems
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth: (Describe opportunities offered here)
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $80,000.00 - $117,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.