Senior Software Engineer - Synthetics Platform
Paris, France; Grenoble, France; Lyon, France; Nantes, France; Montpellier, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Bordeaux, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal;
The Synthetics Platform team is the interface between engineers developing the Synthetics products and Datadog infrastructure teams. Today, Synthetics services are already deployed in more than 20 regions and across 3 cloud providers. The team is responsible to deploy new locations to run Synthetics tests, build tooling to deploy software in them and provide help on setting up cloud provider specific services to other Synthetics teams.The systems and tooling the team is using include: Kubernetes, Terraform, Postgres, Redis, Bazel, Temporal, build tooling, Cassandra, configuration management, container orchestration, Kafka.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy new Synthetics locations
- Develop tooling to manage existing Synthetics locations
- Design, plan, develop tools to do various type of migrations in a fully automated way without any downtime in many regions/cloud providers
- Help shape new infrastructure technologies serving the Synthetics product
- Be an expert helping Synthetics developers to make better architecture decisions and configure their services
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have programming experience with a structured programming language (Go, Python)
- You have experience running production environments within one or several Cloud environments
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have production experience with distributed compute/storage tools, e.g. Kubernetes, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Redis
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.