Engineering Manager I - Language Tools
New York, New York, USA; Denver, Colorado, USA
Engineer Manager I - Language Tools
The Language Tools team is the steward of our main codebase, which powers crucial parts of Datadog products. As a manager for this team, you will contribute to setting the technical direction of language foundations at Datadog. You will build libraries, language and CI features to empower our developers to work more efficiently, reduce technical hurdles that distract engineers from what they want to achieve, and play an important role in the Python/Go/Java ecosystems within Datadog. You will have good opportunities to grow as a manager, potentially building up an individual sub-team for each of the supported languages, to accommodate our fast growing engineering organization and diverse product offerings.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build shared libraries and tooling for the 3 supported languages (Go/Python/Java) to be used across Datadog
- Play a key role in setting direction for developer productivity and language foundational support across the engineering organization
- Build up individual sub-teams for the supported languages
- Mentor engineers in the team, supporting them in their career development
- Work with other teams in Developer Experience to optimize the developer experience at Datadog
Who You Are:
- An engineering manager with at least 2 years of experience
- A seasoned engineer with 3+ years of hands-on software development experience in Go/Python/Java
- Someone who has worked on large code bases
- Someone that enjoys helping other engineers to be more productive
- Someone with a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus Points: Experience with CI/CD systems, build and release tooling
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.