Library Software Engineer - PHP
Tel Aviv, Israel; Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing, profiling, dynamic instrumentation, and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products. We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. We are looking for an expert PHP extension developer experienced with C and PHP internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing, profiling and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- You will build open-source code that instruments thousands of PHP applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source PHP projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- You’ll contribute to our distributed tracing libraries – adding cutting-edge functionality and debugging tricky problems.
- You’ll be part of the PHP guild at Datadog, interacting with engineers building profiling and security products.
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience maintaining PHP extensions.
- You have good knowledge of PHP and the PHP Ecosystem and have experience in C. It is a bonus if you have experience with Rust or with web applications such as Wordpress, Drupal or with frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony.
- You have a solid high-level understanding of the components of the Zend Engine and how they work together.
- You’re attentive to details and can build software with very low defect rates. You appreciate simplicity as a tool to accomplish this.
- You’ve used distributed tracing or done other forms of observability and know how to write efficient software.
- You’re interested in an environment that values shipping early and iterating, and keeping processes to the minimum needed to ensure safety. You enjoy owning projects and can keep moving forward despite the occasional ambiguity or blocker
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and kind teammates to work with and learn from.
- Interesting challenges of all sorts. You’ll gain experience with runtime internals, low level OS details, and how to safely ship software that runs within customer processes at scale.
- Opportunities to contribute to open source software.
- You’ll have a lot of influence on product direction and impact on the business, especially since we continue to grow quickly.
- Competitive global benefits.
- Continuous professional development
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.