Software Engineer - Mobile SDK (Android)
France, Remote; Spain, Remote; Portugal, Remote; Germany, Remote
Datadog’s Real User Monitoring (RUM) gives our customers end-to-end visibility into the real-time activity and experience of individual users, on the web and on mobile. This includes application performance, error management, as well as analytics & user insights. RUM is massively growing: More customers, more features & more people! And this growth comes with challenges.
By joining our Mobile SDK team, you will be part of a multicultural team, remote-friendly. You will collaborate with the product, backend, and frontend UI teams. You will play an active role in building the library installed by our customers in their applications.
In order to maintain the trust we’ve built with our many customers, you will need to be comfortable building robust, very well architected and isolated code that works in very different environments and setups. We expect that you are completely familiar with the Android framework and the specific security and privacy challenges that exist. Your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. In order to build trust with our customers, you need to be comfortable building robust, very well architected and isolated code that works all the time.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and write new component of the Datadog Android SDK, used across the world by our customers
- Work closely with the backend and product teams to deliver the best-in-class mobile RUM product
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- Write code in the public eye, being the face of Datadog inside the community.
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience in Java/Kotlin
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have strong experience with the APIs and ecosystem of your platform. You are comfortable debugging complex issues in a variety of setups.
- Having experience developing commercially shipped SDKs is a plus.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.