Software Engineer (Frontend) - Developer Experience
Our Frontend Developer Experience team owns the end-to-end workflows and tooling used by our 300+ growing team of engineers to build out and improve products and capabilities in our expanding platform used by customers around the world. They own the processes and tooling from checking out code, building, and testing locally to the code review process, CI / CD, and the deployment infrastructure to ensure we can iterate quickly and safely. As a Software Engineer on the Frontend Developer Experience team, you will work closely with our platform teams and stakeholders to create the best-in-class infrastructure for supporting our build, testing, and deployment needs. You will play a key role in sustainably creating the best-in-class tooling, workflows, and automation to ensure our product teams can continue to grow and scale effectively.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with platform, infrastructure and product engineers to inform/refine/validate developer workflows and tooling
- Break down complex initiatives and projects into tasks and rollout plans
- Design and deliver tooling, workflows and automation that have direct impact on all frontend engineers at Datadog
- Experiment with and advocate for new systems, design patterns, and tooling
- Participate in hackathons, sync with other Front end engineers at the monthly demos meeting and yearly Front End summit
- Own meaningful parts of our service, improve performance and address scalability limits
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
Who You Are:
- Experience building frontend applications for some years and know the systems and tooling you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- Familiarity with architecting, building, and operating CI / CD infrastructure and to solve problems at high scale
- Passionate to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment providing leadership and direction for the frontend community
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.