Cloud Engineer - Compute
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Grenoble, France; Lyon, France; Nantes, France; Montpellier, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Bordeaux, France
The Cloud Team is responsible for managing critical cloud resources across all major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, and AWS GovCloud). We build tools and establish best practices to secure and manage our ever growing cloud environment. We rely on Terraform and CI/CD pipelines to automate our operations.
You will be working with product and infrastructure teams across the organization to scale Datadog’s cloud infrastructure and implement operational and security best practices. You will build tools and pipelines that provide self-service management of cloud resources for our internal users. You will be partnering with major cloud providers to resolve ongoing issues and help drive overall technical strategy for our cloud infrastructure.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Write, review, and apply Terraform code
- Configure and provision new regions using tooling/cli and console interfaces for multiple cloud providers
- Work with engineering teams to determine their cloud access requirements and implement appropriate permissions.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for automated cloud management
- Participate in on-call for access and environment changes
Who You Are:
- You have hands-on engineering experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- You have the ability to build architectural solutions as infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- You have experience with DevOps tools for CI/CD: version control (CircleCI, GitHub)
- You have hands-on experience with programming and scripting language (e.g. Python, Go)
- You have experience with implementation of security best practices and audit/compliance programs (e.g. FedRAMP)
- You have at least. 5 years of experience in software development or related roles
- You have understanding of Linux System administration and networking
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.