Technical Solutions Program Manager II
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated, and experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) to build out our Program Management Office (PMO) for our Technical Solutions (TS) team from the ground up. Datadog’s TS team is comprised of 700+ customer-facing technical experts around the world from Sales Engineers, Technical Account Managers to Support Engineers that work with prospects and customers across their journey with Datadog. Datadog has built a record of consistent headcount growth YoY to continue delivering outstanding customer experiences and drive expansion through rapid product adoption.
As one of the inaugural TPMs on our Technical Solutions Operations (TS Ops) team, you will have the opportunity to serve as a multiplier for the team and drive incredible impact at scale by leading execution of large scale programs, coordinating cross-organizational dependencies, and helping teams deliver and become more efficient. You can demonstrate your leadership abilities by driving decision-making and building strong relationships across the organization. The PMO will focus on maintaining lightweight processes and continual improvements while optimizing and accelerating execution. Clear communication, metrics, and visibility are building blocks of our values. We are committed to growth by attracting and developing top talent through a culture of ownership, innovation, diversity, collaboration, and humility.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage large-scale, cross-organization programs
- Develop roadmaps of cross-team projects needed to accomplish key business objectives including KPIs and success metrics
- Identify and track dependencies and opportunities for optimization; proactively identify problems and recommend solutions before they become blockers
- Create, refine and optimize processes when necessary; maintain focus on reliability, automation and scaling through continuous improvement
- Ensure progress towards goals by communicating status, relevant updates, risks, and impact across teams & projects; you are able to bring data to planning & prioritization and adapt communications to any level
- Partner closely with our TS Ops Engineers to ensure workflows and processes are operationalized into our tools and systems to maximize operational efficiency, in a scalable way
Who You Are:
- Experienced in technical program management in a dynamic and highly technical environment, with a strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects in a cloud/SaaS environment (2+ years of related experience)
- You take a data-driven approach to program management; building tools (workflows, custom work intake processes, estimation models), collecting and analyzing data, and driving stakeholder buy-in
- Experience driving an effective OKR program, and/or workforce optimization program at scale is a plus
- You have experience working collaboratively across organizations; strong leadership and interpersonal skills, experience building and fostering effective working relationships across different levels of the organization
- You are effective at influencing without direct authority at senior levels internal and external to the organization
- You have strong communication skills, attention to detail and enjoy working in an innovative environment
- Embrace a growth mindset with a strong desire to continually learn and grow
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Mentor and buddy program for learning and relationship building
- An inclusive company culture, active Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups), in-person team summits, local office programming
- Competitive global benefits; free, mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $86,000.00 - $127,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.