Product Designer II - Networks
New York, New York
We’re looking for a Product Designer excited to design network monitoring products that empower application, devops, and network engineers to keep up with the performance of their overall network, as well as their devices.
You’ll be working as part of the Network Design Team, which is responsible for a suite of tools that help our customers troubleshoot the root of network problems, correlate health across applications to on-prem devices, and help make Datadog a single pane of glass for all network investigations . For this role, you will work on the Network Monitoring products, including Network Performance Monitoring, Network Device Monitoring, and NetFlow Monitoring to help drive the next generation of modern network observability.
You’ll own your design work and collaborate with Senior Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and the rest of the Network Design team to drive our design language forward and help shape a holistic view of network monitoring across various network layers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and QA engineers throughout the design process to ensure we build the right product for our customers to succeed.
- Work with Senior Product Designers on your team to create a cohesive design language and contribute to the overall design vision for Datadog’s network monitoring tools.
- Act as an end-to-end product designer who can turn insights from user research into concepts, sketch and prototype and see your product through to production.
- Communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions internally to your product team and the whole company.
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built and Q/A them before we ship.
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping user-centric design work in web and/or native applications.
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions.
- You have experience with advanced modern-day UX/UI tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch).
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $132,000 to $170,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.