Full-Stack Engineer - Demo Engineering
New York, New York, USA
Demo Engineering is a full-stack software engineering and DevOps team. Our work helps to articulate the Datadog vision and product value to our largest prospects, customers, and conference attendees hundreds of times every week. We make the experience of creating Datadog demos simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As a Full-stack Engineer on the Demo Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining business critical demo environments and applications that Pre and Post Sales Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Events, and Support uses on a daily basis around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to work across a uniquely diverse technology stack, including all three major cloud providers and all languages supported by our APM product.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, maintain, and own business critical infrastructure and software to power the Datadog demo environment, empowering hundreds of individuals to deliver demos daily
- Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts in engineering teams such as data science, security, tracing, etc. to ensure that upcoming Datadog features are demo-ready and collaborate closely with product management and sales engineers to build demo solutions for all aspects of the Datadog platform
- Consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Become a Datadog expert, understanding the platform in detail, to best deliver demo related solutions, support other Datadog employees using those solutions, and using Datadog to monitor the health of those solutions
- Help keep our demo solutions reliable, available, and fast by responding to on-call alerts, investigating issues, performing necessary operations, and delivering fixes
- Support our internal customers by helping answer questions about the demo environment, troubleshooting, tracking feature requests and bugs, escalating issues, and reporting or calling incidents when necessary
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack software engineering with experience in at least one programming language, web application framework, and database technology.
- 2+ years of experience with containerization and deployment tools such as Kubernetes/Docker, Helm, and Gitlab CI/CD
- 2+ years of experience in a cloud-native or multi-cloud environment (we use AWS, GCP and Azure)
- A practitioner of repeatable development processes to deliver high quality software, using Git for source control, writing tests to catch regressions, and using CI for automation.
- A communicative problem solver, proactively getting feedback on designs before committing to a solution.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment and you value a pragmatic approach, code simplicity and efficiency
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $125,000 - $160,000, plus an equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.