Engineering Manager II - Cloud SIEM
New York, New York, USA
Cloud SIEM is a fast-growing security product that helps organizations detect and respond to threats within their cloud infrastructure. It provides real-time visibility into cloud security events and alerts, enabling organizations to quickly identify and respond to potential threats.
As the Engineering Manager II, you will manage multiple distributed (NYC, Paris, Remote) engineering teams building the Cloud SIEM product. Working closely with Product Management, the Engineering Manager II, will play a key role in ensuring the product's success.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, build and grow the Cloud SIEM engineering teams while fostering a team spirit.
- Manage and mentor Engineering Managers and Software Engineers
- Build the Cloud SIEM product in collaboration with engineering, product, design and product detections teams
- Ensure that team processes and practices are aligned with Datadog's engineering standards and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and incorporate new and innovative ideas into the Cloud SIEM product
Who You Are:
- A Software Engineer at heart with a previous experience leading software engineering teams and managing Engineering Managers
- Strong technical skills, specifically with high-scale, distributed systems. You can be hands on if needed - we use Java, Python and Kafka
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- A strong understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- A track record of delivering high-quality software products on schedule
- A passion for technology and a commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- You are interested in the security space and ideally have professional experience with security products
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000 to $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.