Product Designer II - Web Integrations
New York, New York, USA
We’re looking for a Product Designer II with a passion for building technical tools. You’ll be focused on the Marketplace and Integrations products, working alongside designers on similar platform initiatives and core functionality. The experiences and interfaces you’ll design get used by customers, internal teams, as well as our partner product design teams. We’re looking for someone to help create attractive and scalable systems used between the 2 products, define how design can help productize manual user processes, and work within the technical depth of the Integrations ecosystem while building relationships across multiple teams.
You’ll work within the product design team and collaborate with other designers to solve mission critical problems, owning the communication of your ideas and design decisions across the team.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Datadog better
- Develop the expertise in your product area, learning from and collaborating with designers on the team
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You have experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $132,000 to $170,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.