Manager II, Engineering - Application Vulnerability Management
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal
Datadog is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and grow our recently launched Application Vulnerability Management product, which represents the “shift-left” expansion of the Datadog platform into the software development process. This is an exciting opportunity to work on improving the security of applications of Datadog's customers. You’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of the product while developing and growing a team of talented engineers and leaders. You will also drive innovative and ambitious initiatives to further expand Datadog’s footprint in the Application Security space.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop a talented team of distributed systems, backend, frontend and team leads, who are responsible for building the product end-to-end, from data collection to data visualization
- Collaborate with platform teams to develop joint roadmaps that provide the underlying primitives required to execute the vision of the product
- Work closely with product management and design teams to create intuitive, powerful and beautiful user workflows that best leverage the vast amount of information being collected
- Ensure the development and continuous improvement of a scalable and reliable architecture that can keep up with the growth of the product in a sustainable manner
- Help grow the team and shape the engineering culture of the Application Security Management organization.
Who You Are:
- You have worked on building beautiful, snappy, data-heavy user interfaces in the past
- You have worked on large scale distributed systems and/or real-time data processing pipelines and know them from top to bottom
- You have experience leading other leaders, as well as multiple hybrid teams, delegating effectively and maintaining a high level of technical and operational excellence
- You have a track record of motivating teams by setting clear and ambitious goals, and providing the support and coaching required to achieve them
- You have partnered with product management and design teams in the past to set the vision and strategy for your projects
- Experienced in working and communicating effectively in a fast-paced, high growth, distributed organization
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.