Senior DesignOps Specialist
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain
Design Operations at Datadog takes care of securing and promoting a healthy Design Practice both inside our Product Design organization and outside, with key allies in other departments. Our goal is to produce a rich toolbox of methods, processes and tools that can help our Designers and Design Managers to have a healthy design practice. Today our team is responsible for: the maintenance of our Design System (DRUIDS), onboarding processes for newcomers, UX Research and ResearchOps, and organizational support to Managers at all levels. With your help, the team will evolve to its next stage, including: working on cross-platform flows and patterns, owning our OKR process, promoting career and skill growth across all Product Design levels, growing the UX Research practice.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Design Operations Specialist to join our design team. We are looking for a person who is passionate about streamlining design processes, fostering collaboration, and design consistency. This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in how our organization works and delivers great quality work.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Design Leadership to scale people and design processes as well as ways of working.
- Standardize and promote Datadog’s end-to-end design and research processes.
- Partner with Design Managers to implement learning and development programs across the team.
- Manage strategic design projects, coordinate work, build alignment between partner teams.
- Define and align metrics for design quality, tracking those metrics over time
- Create and embed the use of Datadog’s Design Principles throughout the design process as objective measures
- Create communication plans to help increase visibility, value and impact of UX educate business wide
- Revise career frameworks, conduct skills audits, and standardize our approach to growth across the UX community.
- Take ownership of measuring and advancing design maturity.
Who You Are:
- Proven experience in design, design operations, design project management, or a similar role within a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of design principles, design systems, and user-centered design methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across many teams.
- Experience with facilitating meetings, retrospectives, and other collaborative sessions.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.