Vice President, Product Marketing
New York, New York, USA
Datadog is looking for a highly experienced VP of Product Marketing to be based out of our NYC office. This person will be responsible for leading and scaling Datadog’s entire product marketing division to shape go-to-market efforts for our core and new products. This leader will report directly to our CMO and will oversee a 30+ person marketing team, including product, solutions and industry focused marketers.
What You’ll Do:
- Create highly differentiated go-to-market strategy with key stakeholders to strengthen our customer engagement across all products
- Develop compelling messaging frameworks for new and existing products in partnership with our product management team
- Develop sales tools and enablement that will increase sales productivity and support campaign operations along with the other areas of marketing
- Further establish value for the product marketing organization by building strong partnerships with Product, Sales, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, and Growth Strategy
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to optimize workflows that span the sales and product development cycle
- Define the processes, workflows and infrastructure by which the Product Marketing team functions and to ensure we can effectively deploy products at scale
- Empower the team - clearly articulate goals for success by providing resources and direction for them to execute
- Set the prioritization framework, KPIs, and mindset for our Product Marketing function. Coach, mentor, and scale a team of Directors, Managers, and individual contributors
Who You Are:
- An experienced professional with a minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience with the cloud, physical, on-premises infrastructure or other enterprise technology
- A strong people manager with a minimum of 3+ years of second-line leadership experience
- An organization builder with experience setting up team infrastructure and processes that keep business objectives in mind
- A seasoned leader with an executive mindset with proven skill in mentoring, hiring and developing employees
- Proven ability to navigate a complex organization and establish partnerships across the organization
- A strong presenter with an ability to command an audience and tell compelling stories
- Working knowledge of programming languages, IT security or back end infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $321,000.00 to $427,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.