Detection Engineer 2 - Cloud SIEM
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Tel Aviv, Israel
The Product Detection Engineering team at Datadog develops impactful security detection content for Datadog’s portfolio of cloud security products. As part of the Security Research organization, you will join a diverse team of hackers and builders who launch impactful security products and research via cross-company collaboration, partnerships with the security community and open source initiatives.
As a Detection Engineer II for Cloud SIEM, you will deliver detection content across a wide variety of log integrations, particularly cloud native datasets, to detect threats for our customers in near real-time. You will creatively identify ways to provide detection coverage across a variation of technology classes such as public cloud platforms, SaaS applications, endpoint and network technologies, and many more. You’ll apply data-driven insights to generate the highest quality security signal for Datadog customers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn everything about detecting threats and vulnerabilities in cloud-native environments and pour it back into building a great cloud security product for our customers
- Research and ideate the most ideal way to operationalize log telemetry end-to-end from our Logs platform into our Cloud SIEM at scale
- Partner with product management, engineering, security research and customers to develop roadmaps of content for various integrations and other security concerns
- Identify and drive inefficiencies out of content development processes through the creation of innovative tooling, automation; shepherd platform issues impacting content development and user experience through engineering to completion
- Advocate for yourself and the Datadog security brand through blog posts, documentation, webinars, and workshops. Present at conferences to highlight the challenges and successes in the field
Who You Are:
- A previous background in cloud security engineering, detection engineering, or other operational security function
- Experience operating in at least one public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure) and other cloud native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Understanding of modern cloud native attacker techniques and are familiar with technical controls to prevent and detect these attacks
- Proficient understanding of Windows and Linux internals and associated telemetry to detect threats at runtime
- Vast experience detecting threats at scale through a wide variety of technologies and datasets using a modern detection engineering approach
- Basic proficiency with Python, Golang or other programming languages
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.