Senior Software Engineer - Network Edge
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Grenoble, France; Nantes, France; Bordeaux, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Montpellier, France; Lyon, France;
The Network Edge team is a mix of systems and software engineers who manage the systems exposing our applications and services to the internet for all products. We build connectivity solutions in a multi-cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP) that can ingest large throughputs of data and safely react to anomalies. We’re in the critical path of every customer interaction with the product so there is a strong focus on building robust systems and partnering with internal teams to support their applications and provide them with observability into what happens to their traffic at the edge. Here are some of things we work own:
- Domain names and DNS zones management
- Cloud-managed network load balancers
- Application-layer reverse proxies
- TLS certificates management system
- Malicious traffic identification, filtering and blocking
- Content Caching
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build automation and control plane systems to scale the management of our cloud resources
- Debug and maintain day-to-day our existing infrastructure, requiring deep technical analysis and working with our cloud providers to solve unprecedented issues.
- Lead architectural decisions for new and existing services
- Work with product engineering teams to understand their constraints and design solutions to support their traffic.
- Be on-call and assist in incident remediation
Who you are:
- Experience building software systems to automate infrastructure management
- Experience working with internet-focused network concepts & technologies such as DNS, BGP, routing tables, load balancers, IPv4/IPv6, TLS/HTTP/QUIC.
- Proficiency in a common programming language (such as Go, or Python)
- You can design simple and performant architecture to solve problems at high scale
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience working with the Kubernetes control plane( bonus not essential)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation(bonus not essential
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.