Workday Systems Analyst
New York, New York, USA
At Datadog, People Operations is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven team dedicated to constantly improving the way we hire, develop, and support our most valuable asset: our people. Our People Operations team are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Datadog is seeking a Workday Systems Analyst who will be responsible for owning and supporting Workday integrations and help build out our Extend App platform. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge of HR business processes and Workday Integration technologies. This role will be responsible for all phases of the integration lifecycle. The candidate should have experience developing and supporting Workday HCM, benefits, and payroll using the various Workday integration tools. This role also proactively monitors production integrations and provides timely support to identify, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
You will play a critical role in the continued deployment of new functionality, developing solutions and enabling the continued growth of Datadog.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build integrations between Workday and various internal and external systems using Workday technologies such as Studio, PECI, Core Connectors, Web Services, etc. partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor scheduled integrations and handle integration failures, errors, or issues; work with vendors to resolve as necessary
- Provide guidance to analytics team on best practices for data extraction and analysis
- Act as data privacy champion, safeguard system access
- Implement and support Workday Extend Apps and enhancements
- Partner with stakeholders, vendors, and functional configuration resources to understand business needs and design sustainable integration solutions
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an HRIS administrator using Workday; possessing one or more Workday Pro certifications is a plus
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building and supporting Workday integrations. Workday Integration Certified, strongly preferred but not required. Experience with Workday Extend and/or Prism a plus
- 2+ years of experience with REST API, Workday Studio, Workday HCM, Workday Payroll, Report Writer, Workday Business Process
- Knowledge of HR functional areas (Recruiting, Hiring, Onboarding, Benefits, Compensation, Learning, Performance/Talent, etc.)
- Computer Science degree/previous development experience a plus (but not required)
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $105,000 - $154,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.