Engineering Manager I - Collaboration Integrations
New York, New York, USA
Integrations are a crucial component of the Service Management product suite, providing a gateway for Datadog customers to access Datadog and achieve their workflows through third party tools like Jira, Pagerduty, Service Now etc. This opens up Datadog to add value to customer’s workflows in their existing tooling.
The Collaboration Integrations team is responsible for the front end components and backend infrastructure that power these integrations, as well as the product partnerships that use them. We manage a range of storage systems and services, and we're constantly innovating and enhancing our suite of APIs, services, and storage systems to accommodate the next generation of features and scalability.
As the Engineering Manager for the Collaboration Integrations team, you will actively support and guide the team in shaping the services powering these integrations and the product features throughout Datadog that use them. You will create a supportive environment that enables your team to thrive and that encourages product work across engineering teams and organizations. This position provides a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our product and team's development while actively contributing to the evolution of our integration ecosystem.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow the engineering team: developing their skills and supporting their careers
- Help define priorities and build out the roadmap in partnership with your team, product manager, and stakeholders
- Promote a culture of collaboration and cross-team work across Datadog, encouraging other products to build features using integrations
- Broadly communicate team health, productivity and wins to senior leaders
- Own the full development lifecycle and operations of our systems
- Be technically involved with the team: contributing to architectural discussions, reviewing RFCs and pull requests, and sometimes contributing code yourself
Who You Are:
- You have management experience and are passionate about building a great team culture.
- You have experience working in an environment with a high bar for reliability and security (e.g., managing on-call for a team, operating live services, having the team write RFCs).
- You have experience with backend languages such as Go, Python
- You have experience communicating and collaborating with other teams and stakeholders.
- You have experience with the product lifecycle and enjoy working across product and organizational boundaries.
- You have built and maintained systems at scale.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.