Senior Manager, GTM Strategy & Operations
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
We're looking for a Senior Manager to join our GTM Strategy & Operations team. Our team solves complex global problems by bringing creativity and data-driven insights to lead the design and operationalization of scalable processes, tools, and systems across our rapidly growing business.
In this position, you will manage the strategy and operations team responsible for helping GTM leaders across the Americas run and optimize their day-to-day businesses. You’ll lead a range of processes core to keeping the business humming, including distributing leads/accounts to the right reps, balancing books of business across teams, building dashboards to help leaders analyze their business, and administering our GTM “rules of engagement”. You’ll also take a leadership role in analyzing and solving a range of strategic issues the leadership team faces in a start-up like environment.
This is a unique role that requires being strategic, demonstrating willingness to get into the details, and an ability to make tough decisions daily in order to keep the GTM organization moving quickly.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do
- Act as the primary point of contact for the range of operational issues facing the GTM leadership team in the Americas region
- Oversee the account sourcing and distribution process to the field
- Provide leadership for analyses related to refining the regional operating model and processes
- Oversee a selection of operational processes that span beyond the Americas region, including ongoing enhancements to sales operations processes to help the business scale faster
- Build and refine reporting mechanisms for regional leaders (e.g., understand the types of leading and lagging indicators that would be useful to surface, building and maintaining the dashboards)
- Manage a team of 3-4 FTEs to start while clarifying roles and overseeing the growth and expansion of the team as Datadog scales
- Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Enablement, Marketing, Channels & Alliances, and GTM Systems across regions
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience across GTM/Revenue/Sales Operations and/or Management Consulting
- 1+ year of direct people management experience with clear examples of leaving people better than you found them
- Experience helping to design and administer critical GTM processes in a complex organization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Excel, and G-sheets
- Bachelor’s Degree
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you're passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
- Experience in a high growth phase B2B SaaS company
- Experience implementing sales productivity solutions for organizations with more than 500 global sellers
- MBA or equivalent
Benefits & Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Product training to develop understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $191,000 - $254,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.