Enterprise Sales Engineer, Majors Accounts
Washington, USA, Remote
As a Sales Engineer supporting Major Accounts, you will work hand in hand with your sales counterpart to foster success and growth in our largest, most strategic accounts. As a critical part of the account team, SEs use their technical expertise to strategize with customers on their observability strategy, conduct product demonstrations, and support technical evaluations. This is an influential role, where Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Sales team, Technical Account Managers, CSMs, and others on the broader account team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Own technical engagement with customers as new teams evaluate the platform and guide existing teams in evaluating new products. Communicate Datadog’s value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical briefings / presentations and articulate the successes achieved through Datadog platform adoption in Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM regarding customer input both wins and losses
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Datadog business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape
Who You Are:
- Passionate about educating customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business, and able to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer
- Collaborative partner who works side by side with sales to creatively engage with customers. Together you’ll investigate current state, build relationships with customers to understand their needs and priorities with the goal of offering a prescriptive observability strategy that delivers on their needs.
- Someone with strong written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering
- Experienced in programming/scripting with any of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, and .NET etc.
- Someone with a minimum of 3+ years in a Sales Engineering or DevOps Engineering role
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 45% of the time
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $98,000 - $176,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.