Workforce Management Program Manager
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Workforce Management Program Manager to support Datadog’s global Technical Solutions (TS) team. The TS department is comprised of 700+ customer-facing technical experts around the world from Sales Engineers, Technical Account Managers, Enablement Managers, Premier Support to Support Engineers that work with prospects and customers across their journey with Datadog to deliver outstanding customer experiences and drive growth through rapid product adoption.
As the Workforce Program Manager on our Technical Solutions Operations (TS Ops) team, you will play a crucial role in developing and optimizing global workforce planning, scheduling, forecasting, and utilization management processes to ensure that staffing needs are met and resources are utilized optimally to achieve business objectives. You are an expert in workforce management, capacity planning and understanding of global employment practices. You demonstrate your leadership abilities by driving decision-making collaboratively across the organization, maintaining lightweight processes, and making continual improvements while optimizing and accelerating execution. Clear communication, metrics, and visibility are building blocks of our values. We are committed to growth by attracting and developing top talent through a culture of ownership, innovation, diversity, collaboration, and humility.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Workforce Planning and Forecasting:
- Develop and implement workforce planning strategies based on business needs and objectives.
- Analyze historical data, trends, business forecasts and cost of support to accurately predict staffing requirements and deliver post mortems for lessons learned.
- Define staffing and scheduling policies in collaboration with People Business Partners, Legal and BU leadership in accordance with regional employment laws and practices.
- Collaborate with department managers across the business units and People Business Partners to determine optimal workforce size and structure.
- Staff Scheduling and Resource Allocation:
- Track workforce utilization using daily, weekly, and monthly measurements.
- Create and maintain staff schedules that align with business requirements, considering factors such as ticket volume, service levels, and employee skills.
- Optimize resource allocation to achieve operational efficiency and maintain high-quality service delivery.
- Monitor schedule adherence, identify gaps, and work with managers to make real-time adjustments as needed.
- Use workforce optimization software to improve efficiency and forecast staffing needs taking contact volume and headcount requirements into account
- Performance Management and Reporting:
- Develop performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure workforce performance, capacity planning and productivity.
- Monitor and analyze performance data, identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Generate regular reports, post mortems and present findings to management, highlighting areas for improvement and actionable insights.
- Workforce Technology and Tools:
- Implement and leverage workforce management systems to automate processes, streamline operations, and improve accuracy.
- Train and support employees in using workforce management tools effectively.
- Stay up to date with the latest workforce management tools, software, and technologies.
Who You Are:
- Enthusiastic commitment to customer experience, ability to drive positive change and influence senior leaders
- Proven experience in workforce management, scheduling, forecasting, or related roles in a dynamic and highly technical environment (5+ years of related experience)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions. Strong excel skills required, experience with BI tools i.e. Metabase a plus
- Proficiency in workforce management software, scheduling tools, and ticketing systems; Assembled, Zendesk, and/or SFDC ServiceCloud experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across different levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective at influencing without direct authority at senior levels internal and external to the organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Embrace a growth mindset with a strong desire to continually learn and grow
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Assigned mentor and buddy program for learning and relationship building
- An inclusive company culture, active Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups), in-person team summits, local office programming
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $105,000- $154,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.