Senior Data Analyst - Product
New York, New York, USA
The Product Operations team is at the heart of product lifecycle and delivery at Datadog, and is responsible for the Product organization’s “operating system”. With over twenty product suites built on a single unified platform, Datadog relies on the Product Operations team to sustain the growth and enable the organization to scale even further.
As a Data Analyst on the Product Operations team, you will work very closely with product managers, data engineers, and product leadership to surface datasets needed to facilitate data-driven decision making.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product Managers focused on specialized Datadog product areas.
- Build and maintain data transformations and surface high-value data via Metabase, our Business Intelligence tool.
- Build and maintain dashboards and actionable visualizations to help Product Managers across Datadog make strategic, data-driven product decisions.
- Run deep data analyses and investigations and participate in hypothesis-driven research into internal data.
- Be an active part of the Product Analytics council and the Datadog-wide community of Data Analysts.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst performing data analysis and visualization using BI tools such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau.
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL and are familiar with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- You are a clear and concise communicator able to explain complex datasets or queries to non-technical stakeholders in understandable ways
- You are driven to know “why” and have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset–willing to contribute ideas freely and to think outside of the box by balancing intuition and data.
- You have experience working with large product data sets and have either used or are interested in learning dbt and Python
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
Competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Retirement match program
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- A company-wide Data Analyst community to be a part of, learn from, and contribute to
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $145,000 to $185,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.