Senior Software Engineer - Mobile iOS/Swift
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Nantes, France; Bordeaux, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Lyon, France
The CI Visibility team is expanding Datadog’s capabilities to help software engineering teams do more, faster. We do this by providing them with unique insights during their software development lifecycle. By instrumenting test and benchmark frameworks, CI/CD providers and source code management tools, we enable users to track, identify and debug failures and performance regressions on CI pipelines, as well as their applications before they reach production.
As a Software Engineer for the CI Visibility Libraries team, you will work on designing and building performant and robust open source libraries that automatically instrument user’s build and test processes with minimal impact, as well as integrating natively with different test and benchmark frameworks to optimize their execution, to empower other developers like you be more effective at their jobs. You will be building the tools you wish you had when developing your own applications!
At Datadog, we place vaue in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of our open-source Datadog Swift Testing SDK
- Work closely with the CI Visibility backend and product teams to deliver a best-in-class mobile CI Visibility product
- Write code in the public eye, being the face of Datadog inside the community
- Collaborate with other Swift engineers at Datadog to improve our Swift support across products
- Together with the rest of the CI Visibility Libraries team, come up with brand new approaches to solve challenging problems on the software development visibility space
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience in iOS development using Swift and Objective-C
- You have strong experience with the APIs and ecosystem of your platform and you are comfortable debugging complex issues in a variety of setups
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- You have developed libraries in the past used by third parties
- You have have experience with distributed tracing, code telemetry and/or introspection
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.