Engineering Manager 1 - Data Science Platform
The Data Science Platform team is building the platform that collects and coordinates the discovery of anomalies found in customer data by other Data Science teams. This platform enables grouping related anomalies with user-defined business rules, and provides a solution for the storage and retrieval of those results. We provide a simple API to enable other teams to integrate new use-cases into the platform and we make sure it scales accordingly. Our platform powers features such as Watchdog Alerts and Log Anomaly Detection.
As the Engineering Manager of the Data Science Platform team, you will lead and grow a team of Backend Software Engineers that own the implementation and development of our common set of services upon which many Data Science use cases run.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of backend software engineers. This might mean joining a brainstorm about a hard technical problem, reviewing an RFC, or discussing areas where they want to grow or have gaps, and supporting them in developing those skills. You won’t have all the answers but will help foster a high-performance and fun culture.
- Spend around half of your time on management, and the rest doing hands-on technical work.
- Build common services and components to power Data Science use cases and increase data scientists’ velocity.
- Ensure the development and continuous improvement of a scalable and reliable architecture that can keep up with the growth of the product in a sustainable manner.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams to develop joint roadmaps that provide the underlying primitives required to execute the Data Science vision.
Who you are:
- You have 1+ years experience managing software engineers.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building distributed software systems.
- You are deeply technical and capable of driving architectural decisions as well as shipping production ready code.
- You have experience in working and communicating effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, distributed organization.
- You have partnered with product management in the past to set the vision and strategy for your projects.
- You value pragmatism, low drama, and getting the right things done.
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience working in Python, Go, or Java.
- You have experience working on big data / analytical systems.
- You have experience working with Data Scientists and ML systems.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.