Manager II, Technical Program Management
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are responsible for our most crucial and complex projects that span technical teams, domains, and products at Datadog. As one of the managers in the Technical Program Management team, you will partner with our Engineering leaders to identify opportunities for TPMs to add value by driving large-scale programs. You will utilize your leadership skills and program management experience to grow and mentor a team of TPMs and oversee the breadth of programs led by your team. You’ll be part of the leadership team that sets a vision and direction for the overall TPM team, and help establish standards and practices that best fit the organization. The TPM team focuses on maintaining lightweight processes and continual improvements while optimizing and accelerating execution. Clear communication, metrics, and visibility are building blocks of our values.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do :
- Need to understand Datadog technology and the challenges our engineering teams face
- Establish credibility and rapport with technical peers
- Manage a team of TPMs, both team leads and individual contributors, who work on the most technical aspects of Datadog’s infrastructure
- Take a hands on approach to the work your team delivers, as necessary
- Help grow the team and develop your team members
- Have a solid program management background and are able to drive process improvements across multiple teams and functions, ensuring the approach is aligned with Datadog’s culture
- Able to communicate with senior executives, and be confident in the presence of leaders
- Be comfortable in an ambiguous environment and respond well to frequent change
Who You are:
- 7-10 years experience as a Technical Program Manager, working on large-scale, cross-organizational projects
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of TPMs in a single domain space, within technical program management organization, ideally at a SaaS company
- Strong technical skills: can navigate technical conversations regarding cloud-based infrastructure and has thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, in English; able to adapt to company culture and voice
- Ability to coach team members both in their careers and in their delivery; establish norms and best practices in a dynamic environment without advocating for dogmatic practices
- Degree in Computer Science, other engineering discipline, or Information Systems
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth: (Describe opportunities offered here)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.