Enterprise IT Security Engineer
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal
The IT Security team is internally focused with the mission of securing the endpoints, applications, infrastructure, services and networks that Datadog employees rely on on a daily basis. This includes thousands of devices running macOS, Windows, and Linux, as well as SaaS services like Google Workspace and Zoom, hosted services running in AWS, and Meraki networks in our offices. As a Security Engineer for the IT team, you will help ensure our applications, services and networks are secure and compliant whether they be cloud provider hosted, SaaS systems, or user laptops.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, maintain and improve IT security tools.
- Work to harden IT workstations, SaaS services, and networks.
- Assist in responding to security incidents on Datadog’s IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other Datadog teams in the development and implementation of new security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Be a security subject matter expert within the Datadog IT program.
Who You Are:
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of IT systems, operations and security concepts.
- Experienced working in core project languages like Python or Golang.
- Have participated in complex threat hunting or incident response processes through multiple interconnected systems.
- Someone who enjoys taking ownership of tough problems and seeing them through to completion.
- Great at verbal and written communications.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.